Friday, November 30, 2012

Reveal Day - 2012 Challenge of Color



Here is the challenge...I was given a choice of two color palettes to work with.  Here is the one I chose. 
 I just love anything in the "berry" family. 


Add caption

I am always drawn to greens and blues in my designs.


The printed version of the USGS photo has different colors than the version on my computer screen which made it even more of a challenge!  

I started and stopped several times before I came up with these three designs. 



 What did I learn?
1.  I need more beads!
2.  Don't wait so long to get started.
3.  Erin is awesome...I already knew that!

Hope you like what I made...please share your comments with me below.  

Also, enjoy the rest of the wonderfully talented artists in this challenge...



Lori Dorrington
Dawn Doucette
Jeannie Dukic    (life threw her a curveball, spread some sunshine to her anyway!)
Kim Dworak
Beth Emery
Janice Everett
Pam Farren
Donetta Farrington
Gloria Ferrer
Ema Kilroy
Lee Koopman
Linda Landig
Kirsi Luostarinen
Cynthia Machata
Alicia Marinache
Beth McCord
Mary K McGraw
Karen Mitchell
Cheri Mitchell-Reed
Aimee Moisa
Karla Morgan
Penny Neville
Becky Pancake
Kashmira Patel
Alice Peterson
Kayla Potega 
Debbie Price
Bobbie Rafferty
Caron Reid
Nicole Rennell
Cynthia Riggs
Andrea Ross
Sally Russick
Annie Scherz
Pam Sears
Renetha Stanziano
Sandra Stein
Kristen Stevens  (her Muse is on vacation - hop over and give her Muse a nudge ;-)
Tracy Stillman   (hard to bead with a wrist injury, send healing thoughts)
Sherri Stokey
Lola Survillo
Kay Thomerson
Jo Tinley
Emma Todd
Cory Tompkins (ME!!)
Pam Traub
Melissa Trudinger
Michelle Tucker
Shelley Graham Turner
Monique Urquhart
Rachel Van-Walsh  
Patti Vanderbloemen
Lesley Watt
Lynn White
Joan Williams


28 comments:

  1. Weren't the Challenge of Color palettes just beautiful? I was so happy with the ones I got. You made such gorgeous pieces with yours! You did a fantastic job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory, these are all so pretty... where did you purchase the ribbon used in the first item? And yes, we ALL need to buy more beads... good call!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ribbon was hand dyed by Tanya from "A work in progress", she didn't expect the stitching to stay white but I think it adds something unexpected and charming! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I'm in LOVE with that gorgeous bracelet you created! I'm always drawn to the more earthy tones like greens and browns :)

    I think you did a great job with the colors of our palette (Hehe!)!

    And I'm in total agreement with #1, #2, AND #3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, don't we ALWAYS need more beads? Such a pretty bracelet! But that necklace really takes my eye! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing, and I love the necklace! Agreed, berry is an awesome colour, and agreed, one can always do with more beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all your creations. They match the palettes beautifully. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! It looks like you were really inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. uh yeah, more, more - more!
    2. ummm, no comment. no seriously I need to learn this lesson over and over
    3. oh yes Agreed - Brandi too!

    You did an awesome job with the beads you had. that blue, at least how it looks on my monitor, is just a wee bit darker than my absolute favorite shade of blue. It looks really spledid in this company. Also I think your pictures are really so eye-catching

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a super job creating a variety of design within all the colors of your palettes - super! JLynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your designs are so light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pieces! i love the bravelet-those beads are awesome. And the focal in your necklace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you about the color changes from screen to printout - all part of the challenge, right. Great pieces. I love a necklace focal hung on silk. Pretty colors. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pieces are so neat that I cannot help loving them!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are absolutely divine - love the palettes and your enterpretation Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are all beautiful. I love the pendant you created .. and that bracelet .. wow. I love greens and blues as well and they look so good with the brass chain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful job using your color palette. The first necklace is my favorite probably because I like berry color also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you did an excellent job of matching the colors! Each piece looks wonderful - thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your designs are lovely. Especially like the pendant hanging from the pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic response to the challenge! Don't you just love boro beads -- they give you a jump-start on landscape interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, always more beads! Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the way you worked in the colors. I am glad you found my beads and that I have found your blog. Cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such pretty designs Miss Cory! And all from the same palette. Impressed!
    What did I learn?
    1. I agree that you cannot have too many beads!
    2. I am the worst sort of procrastinator too!
    3. You are making me blush. Stop that! I think you are pretty awesome too!
    Glad you could participate in the Challenge. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, that bracelet...it is "speaking" to me loud and clear! So very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cory the palette you chose is so pretty. I might have to try using it for some inspiration myself. AND THREE pieces, and ALL gorgeous (especially the first one!)...now you are just showing off! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All 3 great pieces. Love the necklace. Very light and airy. I know what you mean about the printed version. Finally went and got my iPad and sat on the table to look at and hold beads up to. Love your intrepretation.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful swirls of colors in your beads and ribbons! I'm very partial to all of the them but that first one really knocks my socks off! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment on my blog, your comments make it all worth while!